Thank you Tran Creative for developing our new logo. We appreciate you.
Our Mite program is our largest program and is open to kids ages 5-9. Mites practice twice a week and play their games cross-ice. Playing cross-ice gives our youngest players lots of opportunity to touch the puck, giving them shooting experience and gaining confidence.
Mites should start the season with basic skating skills but do not need hockey skills yet. Being comfortable on the ice is the biggest factor in the success of your young player. Hockey skills will come through the instruction of your coach!
Because our Mite program is so large, we need the most volunteers! Each team will need coaches and a team manager. The team coaches and team managers will report to the Mite Head Coach and Head Manager. Contact Head Coach or Head Manager if you are interested in volunteering!
Some other things to consider when deciding to play hockey:
Good Morning Hockey Families,
ON THE HORIZON:
Practices will continue on Monday and Wednesday from 5:25 - 6:25 from here on out.
Please RSVP for all practices and games on the SportsEngine App under Schedule.
Wednesday, October 30th 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Board of Director's Meeting. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Thursday, November 7th @ MOD Pizza.
Each month CDAHA partners with a different local restaurant for our Thunder Thursday fundraiser. A digital flyer will be sent out for you to show the restaurant. Feel free to share it with your family and friends. CDAHA receives a portion of the proceeds.
Saturday, November 9th 7:05 – Spokane Chiefs Intermission 8U Mite Scrimmage
Tuesday, March 10th 7:05 – Spokane Chiefs Intermission 8U Mite Scrimmage
Please note skaters can only participate in this special event while they are Mites. Therefore skaters born in 2011 who have NEVER participated are given priority. If there is still room on the roster we will add additional skaters by birth year.
Saturday, November 16th 10:50 - 11:50 - Game vs. Cristeros
Saturday, November 23rd 2:00 - 3:00 - Game vs. Cristeros
Saturday, December 14th 2:00 - 3:00 - Game vs. Cristeros
Saturday, January 11th 10:50 - 11:50 - Game vs. Cristeros
Saturday, February 1st 10:50 - 11:50 - Game vs. Cristeros
Saturday, February 29th 2:00 - 3:00 - Game vs. Cristeros
We have nearly 80 skaters so we may end up having a team or two sit out each game on a rotational basis. We will keep you posted.
I have contacted hockey associations in Spokane, Moses Lake, Tri-Cities, Moscow, & Lewiston to set up additional games and scrimmages. These tend to take a little more time to solidify as each association divides out their teams. I will let you know as soon as we hear back from them.
• All tournaments are optional and come at an additional cost.
• Typically, there is a game Friday afternoon or evening, two games on Saturday, and a game on Sunday morning.
• These tournaments fill up quickly so we will need to finalize our tournament rosters and invoice families within the next couple of weeks.
• We need at least 10 committed skaters and 1 coach to enter a tournament. We will cap each tournament team at 13 skaters. The next group will need to wait until we have another 10 skaters and a coach to roster a second, third, or fourth team.
• Please note travel tournaments will likely require winter driving. If your skater backs out at the 11th hour it jeopardizes the entire team's ability to go.
• Here are the tournaments we are currently looking at:
Saturday, December 7th - Sunday, December 8th - Butte, MT. 6U $35. 8U $45.
Friday, January 17th - Sunday, January 19th - Cd'A, ID. 6U $25. 8U $30.
Friday, January 31st - Sunday, February 2nd - Whitefish, MT. $60.
Friday, February 14th - Sunday, February 16th - Moscow, ID. ??6U $30. 8U $65??
Friday, February 28th - Sunday, March 1st - McCall, ID. 6U $35. 8U $65.
Friday, March 13th - Sunday, March 15th - Spokane, WA. 6U $55. 8U $80.
• We might end up having to pick between Whitefish and McCall to avoid going to a tournament every other week January through March.
Please stop by the desk to sign up.
Monday, December 23rd from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. Suggested donation $5/skater $20/family to cover the cost of the ice and refreshments.
Please write your skater's name on athletic tape and adhere it to their helmet and water bottle. Personal water bottles are essential to protecting our skaters from strep throat and the flu.
Please do not allow your skater(s) to walk on concrete with their skates. It is terrible for their skates. Most of the rink has skate safe flooring. Remind your skater(s) to stick to the skate safe areas.
Frontier Ice Arena employee Ross McGarrah will sharpen your skates for a small fee. Contact him directly at 208-262-6494 to make arrangements.
The Board of Directors is looking at purchasing 1 or 2 Sparx Skate Sharpening machine(s). I will keep you in the loop on this exciting development.
You must be a credentialed volunteer or coach to be on the bench. It would be great if we could get at least one credentialed parent on each bench to help direct traffic, assist with water, tie skates, etc. Volunteers need to:
• Register as a Volunteer with USA Hockey: https://www.usahockeyregistration.com/login_input.action
• Submit to a Background Check: https://www.idahoamateurhockey.com/page/show/805089-risk-mgr
• Take the online SafeSport class: https://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining
• Please send the confirmation pages from each requirement to email@example.com.
We are also looking for volunteers to help set up off ice team activities; gather treat donations and put together treat bags for our practice before Halloween, first game, etc; and help with our Holiday Skate.
Thank you to all of the parents who are assisting in getting the pads on and off the ice before and after practice. It is such a great help.
Ashlea McAdoo is gathering cold weather clothing donations for local children in need. Please contact her at 208-704-3945 if you would like to contribute.
CDAHA’s Girl’s Club provides additional development and ice time for our female athletes. You can register your skater here: https://www.cdahockey.com/page/show/4078405-girls-club.
The $1,000 Raffle winner is Tammy VanBrunt. Congratulations VanBrunt family.
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT CDAHA:
• CDAHA apparel can be purchased via our on-line store: http://bigleaguelocker.tuosystems.com/stores/cdaha20. CDAHA receives a portion of the proceeds.
• State Farm Quotes for Good. Contact State Farm Agent and fellow CDAHA parent Matt Pelz at 208.762.7359 or www.agentpelz.com and mention CDAHA for a no obligation quote on auto and home/renters insurance and he will donate $10 to CDAHA. Last spring the Geurin’s were paying Farmer’s $240/month for full and enhanced coverage on our two vehicles and travel trailer. Matt was able to get apples to apples coverage for $140/month for the first 6 months. Our monthly bill recently dropped to $96/month with our Drive Safe & Save discount. I promise you this quote is completely worth your time. Matt still donates to CDAHA even if you do not sign up.
• Spokane Chiefs Vouchers. All vouchers are sold for $13 and are good for any lower or upper level seat based on availability. CDAHA receives $3 from each voucher. Contact Ronda Martin @ 208-659-4328 or Kcmay0403@frontier.com to pick up your packet.
• Shop on Amazon via our link: smile.amazon.com/ch/82-0517596. CDAHA receives a portion of the proceeds.
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. We are here to help. It is difficult for us to anticipate what you might not know yet.
8U Head Coach
6U Head Coach
Thank you Big League Locker for supporting the Mite program. We appreciate you.
Thank you Kootenai County Deputy Sheriff's Association for becoming our first official Mite Sponsor. We appreciate you!
Thank you Brown & Associates for supporting our skaters. We appreciate you.
Thank you Coeur d'Alene Plastic Surgery for becoming a Mite Sponsor. We appreciate you.
Thank you Jump For Joy for singing on to be a Mite sponsor. We appreciate you.
Thank you Captn's Table for sponsoring our Mite program. We appreciate you!
Thank you Panhandle Kiwanis for your generous sponsorship. We appreciate you.
Thank you Kootenai Electric Cooperative for your sponsorship donation. We appreciate you.
Thank you Jake's Scuba Adventures for partnering with us. We appreciate you.
Thank you Lakeside Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine for partnering with us. We appreciate you!
Thank you Coeur d'Alene Police Officers Association for partnering with us. We appreciate you.
Thank you Shamrock Machining for sponsoring our skaters. We appreciate you.
Thank you Andy's Heating & Cooling for sponsoring us. We appreciate you.
Thank you Timbered Ridge Homes for your support. We appreciate you.
Thank you Idaho Forest Group for sponsoring our skaters. We appreciate you.
Thank you Kyle & Jessica Wagner for signing on as Arena Board Sponsors. We appreciate you.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Coeur d'Alene Hockey Association?